|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 08-17-94|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: Apr. 1, 1994
Models: 1994 (BR) Ram Truck
1993 - 1994 (XJ) Cherokee
1993 - 1994 (ZJ) Grand Cherokee/Grand Wagoneer
NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH HEAVY DUTY TRAILER TOW PACKAGES CONTAINING A SEVEN PIN TRAILER TOW CONNECTOR. THIS BULLETIN SHOULD BE PERFORMED ON ANY CUSTOMER VEHICLES YOU ENCOUNTER THAT ARE EQUIPPED WITH THIS CONNECTOR, EITHER FROM THE FACTORY OR FROM MOPAR ACCESSORIES AND REGARDLESS OF GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION.
Water may collect in the trailer tow connector housing causing corrosion. Exterior or interior lights may come on regardless of switch position. Battery may run down. Trailer lights may be inoperative when connected.
Inspect the trailer tow connector for any signs of an abnormal build up of corrosion. The corrosion may be present at the connector terminals or at the harness connections inside the housing. The corrosion my form bridges between the connector terminals.
|1||56017622||Trailer Tow Harness (ZJ)|
|1||56018483||Trailer Tow Harness (XJ)|
|1||56016893||Trailer Tow Harness (BR)|
Ram Truck (BR)
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the trailer tow connector from the bracket on the trailer hitch.
3. Remove the trailer tow harness from the vehicle.
4. Install the new harness, P/N 56016893.
5. Attach the trailer tow connector to the bracket.
6. Using a die grinder or suitable tool, grind a dean notch 1/2 inch wide and 1/8 inch deep in the connector housing as shown below.
7. Apply a coating of Silicone Dielectric Grease, P/N J8126688, to the connector terminals.
8. Connect the battery terminal.
Cherokee (XJ), Grand Cherokee/Grand Wagoneer (ZJ) - See your dealer for the repair instructions in this bulletin.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:|
Thanks to Bob Bergevin and Barry Drodge for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004