|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 09-13-94|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: Aug. 19, 1994
Models: 1994 (BR) Ram Truck
1994 (AB) Ram Van/Wagon
1994 (BR) Ram Pickup
1994 (ZJ) Grand Cherokee
NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 5.2L ENGINE.
The engine oil dipstick indicates no oil level when the engine has the correct quantity of oil and the dipstick was fully seated in the Lipstick tube initially. This no oil level condition may also occur when the dipstick has been installed in the dipstick tube 180 degrees from its previous installation.
This condition my be caused by the deflection of the dipstick away from the dipstick guide in the oil pan.
1. Turn engine off.
2. Remove the oil dipstick and inspect for evidence of damage due to contact with the crankshaft.
3. With the engine crankcase at its full oil capacity and the oil dipstick fully seated in the dipstick tube, remove the dipstick. If there is no oil indication on the engine oil dipstick, then proceed with the repair procedure.
4. Remove the engine oil dipstick, rotate the dipstick 180 degrees, and fully reinsert the dipstick into the dipstick tube. Again, remove the dipstick. If oil dipstick does not indicate an oil level then proceed with the repair procedure.
1 53020759 Oil Pan
1 53005650 Gasket, Oil Pan
This bulletin involves the replacement of the engine oil pan.
1. Replace the engine oil pan. Refer to the respective service manual 5.2L oil pan replacement procedure for the particular vehicle under repair.
NOTE: USE ALIGNMENT DOWELS WHEN INSTALLING THE OIL PAN. THIS PROCEDURE IS DESCRIBED IN THE RESPECTIVE SERVICE MANUAL.
2. Add the correct amount of oil to the engine crankcase.
3. Fully seat the oil dipstick into the dipstick tube. Verify that the engine oil level is at the "FULL" mark on the oil dipstick.
4. Remove the oil dipstick, rotate dipstick 180 degrees, and fully seat it in dipstick tube.
Verify that the engine oil level is at the "FULL" mark on the oil dipstick.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:|
|09-60-01-90||(AB Ram Van\Wagon)||1.4 Hrs|
|09-60-01-90||(BR Ram Pickup)||1.1 Hrs|
|09-60-01-90||(ZJ Grand Cherokee)||1.9 Hrs|
Thanks to Bob Bergevin and Barry Drodge for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004