|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 21-14-94|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Models: 1993 (AD) Rain Pickup/Ram Cab & Chassis 1994 (BR) Ram Pickup
1993 - 1994 (AB) Ram Van/Wagon
1993 (AD) Rain Pickup/Ram Cab & Chassis
1994 (AN) Dakota/Dakc)ta Cab & Chassis
1994 (BR) Ram Pickup
1993 - 1994 (XJ) Cherokee
1992 - 1994 (YJ) Wrangler
1993 - 1994 (ZJ) -Grand Cherokee
NOTE: THIS BULLETIN DOES NOT APPLY TO "AD" MODEL VEHICLES WHICH ARE EQUIPPED WITH A 5.9L CUMMINS DIESEL AND GETRAG TRANSMISSION, NOR VEHICLES WITH A MODEL 205 HEAVY DUTY TRANSFER CASE.
Transmission fluid leakage may occur in the area of the speed sensor. This condition may be due to transmission fluid leakage at the O-ring seal located between the speed sensor housing and speedometer adapter. Transmission fluid may also wick through the electrical connector on the speed sensor and leak into the attaching electrical harness connector.
1. Inspect for transmission fluid leakage through the electrical connection of the speed sensor or between the speed sensor housing and speedster adapter.
2. If transmission fluid is present, then proceed with the repair procedure.
1. 56027825 Speed sensor
This bulletin involves the replacement of the vehicle speed sensor.
1. Raise the vehicle.
2. Disconnect the speed sensor electrical connector.
3. Remove the bolt which attaches the speed sensor to its adapter. Remove the speed sensor from the adapter.
4. Clean the adapter mating surface.
5. Install the new speed sensor. Tighten the attaching bolt to 2 - 3 Nm (15 - 27 in. lbs.).
6. Inspect the electrical harness connector for dirty or oxidized pins. Clean as required.
7. Remove any oil residue from the sensor and harness mating electrical connectors
NOTE: USE A CLEANER THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH PLASTIC ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS. USE OF MOPAR'S "CHLORINATED" BRAKE CLEANER (P/N 4318037) IS ACCEPTABLE. DO NOT USE NON-CHLORINATED BRAKE CLEANERS, INCLUDING MOPAR'S, TO CLEAN PLASTIC COMPONENTS.
8. Install the speed sensor harness connector to the sensor.
9. Lower vehicle.
10. Check fluid levels and top off as required.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: 08-45-13-94 . . . . . . . . . . 0. 3 Hrs.
Failure Code: 65 - leaks
Thanks to Bob Bergevin and Barry Drodge for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004