|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 03-01-95|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Models: 1995 (BR) Ram Truck
1995 (AB) Ram Van/Wagon
1995 (AN) Dakota
1995 (BR) Ram Truck
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with the corporate 8.25 or 9.25 rear axle.
Rear axle lubricant seeping past the anti-lock rear axle speed sensor.
Check axle for lubricant on and/or around the sensor mounting flange. If lubricant is present, perform repair procedure
1 4318025 RTV
NOTE: DO NOT REPLACE THE ANTI-LOCK REAR SPEED SENSOR. THIS CONDITION WILL NOT AFFECT THE SPEED SENSOR OPERATION.
This bulletin involves sealing around the rear speed sensor mounted in the rear axle.
1. Raise vehicle on hoist.
2. clean sensor, cover and sensor mounting area of axle housing. "as is necessary to prevent dirt entry into axle when sensor is removed from housing. Mopar brake cleaner, P/N 4318037, is acceptable for cleaning purposes.
3. Disconnect harness wires from sensor.
4. Remove screw that secures brake cable, brake line, sensor wire, sensor cover and sensor in axle housing (see Figure 1).
5. Remove rear speed sensor from axle housing.
6. Clean the sensor, especially the sensor mounting flange, and the sensor mounting surface on the rear axle.
7. Place a thin bead of RTV around the sensor mounting hole/surface (see Figure 1) .
CAUTION: The RTV starts to set within 30 seconds after application. The next step must be done immediately after applying the RTV. If the RTV "sets" before the sensor is placed in its original location this may change the predetermined gap setting setting of the sensor/tone ring.
8. Assemble the rear speed sensor, sensor cover, sensor harness wires, brake line, and brake cable. Install bolt and torque to 19-25 Nm (170-230 in. lbs.).
9. Apply a bead of RTV around the sensor flange after the sensor is in its appropriate mounting location.
10. Road test vehicle, then check for leaks.
POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No-. 08-19-15-90 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.3 Hrs.
FAILURE CODE: 71 - Oil Leak
Thanks to Barry Drodge for supplying the TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004