|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 03-03-95|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: May 5, 1995
This Bulletin supersedes TSB 03-01-94 Dated July 8, 1994 which should be noted in the 1994 TSB bound book (Publication No. 81-699-9054).
Models: 1994 - 1995 (BR) Ram Truck
NOTE : THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO 8800 GVW, 7500 GVW, 10500 GVW, 11000 GVW VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH TRAC-LOC AND DANA MODEL 60, 70 & 80 AXLES.
Rear axle Trac-loc chatter while turning corners.
Road test the vehicle. If the noise is present, perform the repair procedure.
4 4796517 Gear Oil
2 4318060 Trac-Lok Additive (4 oz.)
This bulletin involves draining and refilling the rear axle with a new fluid and adding Trac-Lok additive.
1. operate the vehicle to ensure that the rear axle is warm.
2. Remove the rear axle cover and drain all of the fluid from the housing and wipe as much fluid out of the housing as possible.
3. Install the cover using Mopar RTV, P/N 82300234, to seal.
4. Add two bottles of additive, P/N 4318060.
5. Fill the axle with gear oil, P/N 4796517, per the Ram Truck Service Manual (Publication No. 81-370-5108), and install the fill plug.
6. Drive the vehicle at least 10 miles. Make eight figure 8 turns and three 90 degree turns, stopping for 10 seconds between each turn. This procedure will work the new fluid and additive into the Trac-Lok unit.
POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor operation No: 03-00-02-91 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.0 Hrs.
FAILURE CODE: 68 - Noisy
Thanks to Barry Drodge for supplying the TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004