|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 05-14-95A|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Models: 1995 - 1996 (BR) Ram Truck
1995 - 1996 (BR) Ram Truck
1995 - 1996 (AN) Dakota
A squawk type noise may be heard when the brake pedal is depressed.
Depress the brake pedal several times to verify the complaint. If the noise is present, perform the Repair Procedure.
1 4874841 Metering Valve Kit
This bulletin involves installing a revised back-up plate into the brake combination valve. This bulletin does not apply to combination valves identified with a green dot. The valves with the green dot have the current back up plate.
CAUTION: USE CARE WHEN PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE. ANY DIRT THAT ENTERS THE COMBINATION VALVE MAY IMPEDE THE OPERATION OF THE VALVE.
1. Clean the combination valve in the area around the metering valve with Mopar Brake Parts Cleaner (P/N 4549623) to prevent dirt from entering the valve when it is disassembled.
CAUTION: DO NOT ALLOW BRAKE CLEANER TO COME INTO CONTACT WITH ANY INTERNAL COMBINATION VALVE COMPONENTS.
2. Remove the metering valve and discard the plastic back up plate. A metal plate is provided in the metering valve kit (P/N 4874841). Figure 1.
3. Clean the opening in the combination valve with the lint free towel supplied in the kit.
4. Assemble the metering valve as shown in Figure 2. Make sure that the flat side of the metal back-up plate is toward the threaded plug as shown.
5. Install the metering valve and torque to 15 ft. lbs (20Nm)
6. Manually bleed both front calipers. Do not use a pressure bleeder.
POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: 05-30-17-92 . . . . . . . . . . . 0.4 Hrs.
Install Metering Valve Into Brake Combination Valve (BR)(AN)
FAILURE CODE: P8 - New Part
Thanks to Barry Drodge for supplying the TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004