|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 09-08-95|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: May 12, 1995
Models: 1994 - 1994 (BR) Ram Truck
NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH V-10 (8.0L) ENGINE.
A high pitched whistling noise at idle.
With the engine idling, wiggle each fuel injector and note if the pitch of the whistle sound changes. After verifying that sound can be changed with injector movement, remove fuel rail and visually inspect the injector pocket for cylinder head protrusion into the injector area. If there is head protrusion, proceed to the repair procedure. If there is no head protrusion visually inspect the injector lower O-ring for damage and replace as necessary. If the pitch of the whistling noise does not change with injector movement, further diagnosis is necessary, refer to TSB 18-10-95.
|AR||53020066||Cylinder Head - 8.0L|
|1||4856139||Gasket Package, Intake Manifold|
|AR||53041049||Gasket, Cylinder Head|
This bulletin involves replacing the affected cylinder head(s) with new head(s). Inspection and replacement as needed of the fuel injectors will also be included.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTION: THE FUEL SYSTEM IS UNDER A CONSTANT PRESSURE (EVEN WITH THE ENGINE TURNED OFF). BEFORE SERVICING THE FUEL INJECTOR(S), THE FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE MUST BE RELEASED.
NOM: THE 1995 RAM TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL (PUBLICATION NO. 81-370-5108) WILL BE USED THROUGHOUT THIS TSB. PAGE NUMBERS GIVEN CAN BE FOUND IN THIS PUBLICATION.
2. Perform the fuel system pressure release procedure found on Page 14-80.
3. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
4. Remove the fuel rail assembly referring to Page 14-79.
5. Remove the clips retailing the injector(s) to the fuel rail and remove the injector(s). Inspect each injector tip for signs of contact with the cylinder head. If any damage is noted, replace the injector(s).
6. Drain the cooling system. Refer to Page 7-38 & 39.
7. Remove the cylinder head(s) (left and/or right) as outlined beginning on Page 9-119.
8. After removal, transfer the existing head components (valves and valve springs) from the old head to the new head. Refer to Page 9-121.
9. Install the new cylinder heads following the procedure given on Page 9- 120.
10. Install the fuel rail assembly as outlined on Page 14-80.
11. Install the air cleaner assembly.
12. Refill the cooling system.
13. Connect the negative battery.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: 09-35-01-99 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.9 Hrs.
09-35-01-64 Air Pump . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.4 Hrs.
Failure Code: P8 - New Part
Thanks to Barry Drodge for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004