|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 09-17-95|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: Jan. 19, 2001
Models: 1995 (BR) Ram Truck
NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH THE 8.0L V10 ENGINE.
Oil pressure gauge may show low or no oil pressure at idle or the oil pressure warning light may come on indicating low oil pressure.
CAUTION: OPERATING THE ENGINE WITH LOW OIL PRESSURE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME CAN CAUSE EXTENSIVE ENGINE DAMAGE.
Verify the low oil pressure condition by connecting a 0-100psi mechanical pressure gauge to the engine and starting the engine. If oil pressure less than 12 lbs. is observed, perform the repair procedure. Repair any engine damage resulting from low oil pressure using the labor operations listed in the Labor Operation Manual.
This bulletin involves disassembling and cleaning the oil pressure relief valve.
1. Remove the oil pressure relief valve plug from the housing using a 3/8 inch allen wrench.
2. Remove the relief valve and spring from the bore using a magnetic pick up tool.
3. Remove any metal particles from the bore using the magnetic pick up tool.
4. Clean the valve and spring with a cleaning solvent and blow them dry.
5. Install the spring and valve into the housing using a new gasket, P/N 53020075, and tighten the plug to 20 Nm (15 Ft.Lbs).
6. Start the engine and verify oil pressure. If no oil pressure is present, replace the timing chain cover assembly using the procedures outlined in the service manual.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Time Allowance: Labor operation No: 09-65-50-90 . . . . . . . . . . 0.5 Hrs.
Failure Code: XX - Service Adjustment
Thanks to Barry Drodge for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004