|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 16-01-95|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: Jun. 12, 1995
Models: 1995 (BR) Ram Truck
NOTE: This bulletin applies to 1500 series, 4X4, 119" WB, Ram trucks with 9 1/4" rear axle and 4 speed automatic transmission.
A ringing/rattling noise my be heard with vehicle warm, transmission an 4th gear and torque converter clutch engaged on a light to moderate acceleration. The noise is most noticeable with the sliding bark glass open. The noise seems to come from the transfercase or propshaft area.
|1||52105260||Propeller Shaft Assy. - Rear|
|4||6029562||9 1/4 Rear Axle U-joint Clamp|
|2||2781904||9 1/4 Rear Axle U-joint|
This bulletin involves the replacing of the existing propeller shaft with an insulated propeller shaft.
1. Shift the transmission to the Neutral position. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Remove the U-joint clamp screws at pinion shaft yoke.
3. Slide the slip yoke off of the transmission/transfer case output shaft and remove the propeller shaft.
4. Install the new propeller shaft, P/N 52105260.
NOTE: Replacement U-Joint clamps and screws must be installed.
5. Torque the screws to 19Nm (14ft. lbs.).
6. Lower the vehicle, shift the transmission into park.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: 16-30-01-93 . . . . . . . . . . 0.3 Hrs.
Failure Code: P8 - New Part
Thanks to Barry Drodge for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004