|DodgeRam.info > TSB's >18-14-96|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: Apr. 5, 1996
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 18-37-95 DATED DECEMBER 15, 1995 WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES.
Models: 1994 - 1995 (BR) Ram Truck
NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH THE 3.9L, 5.2L, AND 5.9L (GAS) ENGINES ONLY.
Engine surge noted at 43 to 50 MPH after torque convertor lockup.
Test drive the vehicle from 43 to 50 MPH. Insure that torque convertor is engaged and maintain steady speed once MPH range is obtained. If surge is noted and tire and wheel balance is within specifications, proceed to the Repair Procedure.
1 4874668 Gasket, EGR Valve To Intake Manifold
This bulletin involves the replacement of the EGR valve gasket with a new gasket which has a smaller orifice. See illustration.
|OLD EGR GASKET - LARGE ORIFICE||NEW EGR GASKET - SMALL ORIFICE|
1. Record the radio station presets.
2. Remove and isolate negative battery cable.
3. Disconnect vacuum hose at EGR valve/transducer assembly. Note position of hose on EGR valve and transducer for easier installation.
4. Remove two EGR valve mounting bolts.
5. Remove EGR valve and gasket, discard old gasket.
6. Clean intake manifold mating surface and EGR valve mating surface, then check for cracks.
7. Place new EGR gasket on intake manifold.
8. Install EGR valve and torque mounting bolts to 23 Nm (200 in. lbs.).
9. Connect vacuum hose.
10. Connect negative battery cable.
11. Program the radio station presets and set the clock.
Labor Operation No: 25-01-44-90 . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.3 Hrs.
FAILURE CODE: P8 - New Part
Thanks to Bob Bergevin and Barry Drodge for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004