|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 25-03-97|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Models: 1994 - 1997 (BR) Ram Trucks
NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES WITH GASOLINE ENGINES BUILT PRIOR TO DECEMBER 1, 1996 (MDH 1201XX).
Fuel odor coming from under the vehicle and/or a small amount of fuel discharged on the ground underneath the evaporative emissions canister.
A condition may occur where liquid fuel enters the evaporative emissions canister on subject model vehicles. This condition occurs only after the fuel tank has been completely filled and the vehicle is allowed to set in warm ambient conditions and/or parked on an incline.
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift.
2. Disconnect all lines to the evaporative emissions vapor canister and remove the vapor canister.
3. Turn the canister so that the drain hole is pointing down.
4. If fuel is present, perform the following Repair Procedure. If there is no evidence of fuel, visually inspect for damaged or disconnected vapor lines.
1 52127666 Rollover Valve
1 04723550 Canister, Vapor Carbon, 1994 - 1995 Vehicles
1 53031752AA Canister, Vapor Carbon, 1996 - 1997 Vehicles
This bulletin involves installing a new rollover valve and new evaporative emissions vapor carbon canister.
1 . Install the new evaporative emissions vapor carbon canister (see the Parts Required section) to its bracket. Rotate the canister until the line fittings are in a horizontal position. Tighten the vapor carbon canister bracket bolt to 10 Nm (95 in. lbs.).
2. Connect the evaporative system vapor lines to the vapor canister.
3. Disconnect the vapor line from the vehicle fuel tank rollover valve and remove the rollover valve.
4. Install vehicle rollover valve, pln 52127666, onto the fuel tank.
5. Connect the evaporative system vapor line to the rollover valve.
6. Lower the vehicle.
POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No- 25-01-15-94 ................................. 1.3 Hrs.
FAILURE CODE: P8 - New Part
Thanks to Bob Bergevin and Barry Drodge for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004