|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 14-04-98|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Models: 1998 BR/BE Ram with 24 valve Cummins engine (ISB)
Note: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with the 24 valve Cummins diesel engine (sales code ETC)
An audible buzz from the accelerator pedal when cruise control is engaged.
Road test at highway speeds - set cruise control and listed for buzz from the pedal. DO NOT ALLOW YOUR FOOT TO TOUCH THE PEDAL ONCE THE CRUISE IS ENGAGED. Once the buzz is heard, apply light pressure to the pedal to verify if the buzz is dampened. If the conditions occur, perform the repair procedure.
1 04891314AA Clip, cable routing assist
Repair: The procedure consists of re-routing the accelerator cable and installing a cable routing assist clip.
1. Remove cable/lever/throttle linkage cover (fig 1), by removing two phillips screws and prying out the two push tab retention clips. Then pull the cover to release retaining tabs and remove cover.
3. Squeeze the two pinch tabs on the side of the accelerator cable at the mounting bracket and push the cable rearward out of the bracket.
CAUTION: BE CAREFUL TO NOT KINK THE ACCELERATOR CABLE IN THE NEXT STEP.
4. Carefully bend the plastic cable conduit as shown in fig 3. The conduit should be bent so that the cable routing assist can be snapped onto the accelerator cable conduit near the dash panel (fig 4). The routing assist should force the cable to route toward the center of the engine compartment (fig 3).
6. Using large pliers, connect the cable end socket to the throttle lever pin ball stud
CAUTION: TAKE CARE TO NOT DAMAGE THE CRUISE CONTROL CABLE ATTACHMENT.
7. Install the cable/lever/throttle linkage cover onto the mounting bracket. Attach cover with the two phillips screws and the two push tabs with the retainer clips.
8. Verify that the accel pedal moves freely, reroute the cable as necessary until accel pedal moves smoothly.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty
Labor Opeartion number: 14-80-06-02 . . . . . 0.2 hrs.
Failure Code: P8 -new part
Thanks to Bob Bergevin for providing this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004