|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 25-01-99|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Models: 1998 -1999 (BR/BE) Ram Truck
NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLE EQUIPPED WITH A GASOLINE ENGINE AND A FEDERAL EMISSIONS PACKAGE (NAA).
This bulletin involves the replacement of the Duty Cycle Purge (DCP) valve bracket.
A knocking or tapping like noise may be heard coming from the engine compartment. The noise may be loud enough to be heard in the passenger compartment. The noise occurs most often when the vehicle is stopped and the engine is at an idle. This noise may be misdiagnosed as coming from the engine valve train.
The above symptoms may be the result of the Duty Cycle Purge valve cycling somewhere between its fully closed and its fully open position (between 0% and 100% duty cycle).
A revised bracket has been released to better isolate the DCP valve from the body of the vehicle.
With the engine at normal operating temperatures and at idle, verify that the complaint is present by actuating the DCP valve. If the DCP valve is the cause of the knocking or tapping like noise then perform the Repair Procedure.
If the DCP valve is not the cause of the noise, then additional diagnosis is required,
1 05017181AA Bracket,
AR(l) 04669475AB Solenoid, Duty Cycle Purge
1. Remove the Duty Cycle Purge valve from its bracket.
2. Remove the DCP bracket.
3. Install the new DCP bracket (p/n 05017181 AA).
4. Tighten the bracket attaching screw to 7 Nm (60 in. lbs).
5. Install the DCP to the new bracket.
6. Actuate the DCP valve to determine if the noise persists.
7. If the noise is still present, replace the DCP (p/n 04669475AB).
POLICY: . Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
- Labor Operation No: 25-01-40-96 ................................................................ 0.2 Hrs.
FAILURE CODE: P8 - New Part
Thanks to Bob Bergevin for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004