|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 19-003-02|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: April 16, 2002
Models: 1997-2002 BR/BE Ram Truck
This bulletin involves replacing the power steering hoses connecting the hydroboost to the power steering pump and gear.
A hissing sound may be present in the power steering system during steering maneuvers or straight ahead driving.
If the vehicle exhibits the condition perform the Repair Procedure.
1 05086529AA Hose - Pump to Hydroboost
1 05086532AA Hose - Hydroboost to Gear
1. Drain the power steering fluid from the system.
2. Remove the pressure hose from the power steering pump to the Hydroboost.
3. Install the now hose, p/n 05086628AA
4. Remove the pressure hose from the Hydroboost to the steering gear.
5. Install the new hose, p/n 05086532AA.
6. Check the routing of the hoses to ensure no interference problems exist. Use tie straps to secure the hoses if necessary.
7. Fill the system with power steering fluid and operate the steering system to purge any air from the system
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: 19-50-10-88 Steering Hoses - Replace ...................................0.6 Hrs.
Failure Code: P8 - New Part
Thanks to David Lovell for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004