|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 23-039-02|
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: September 2, 2002
Models: 2002 (DR) Ram Truck 1500
This bulletin involves installing a new cup holder return spring.
The cup holder may bind or be slow to open when released.
If customers indicate that the cup holder is binding, perform the Repair Procedure.
1. Remove the instrument panel center bezel.
2. Remove the air bag control module trim cover.
3. Remove the cup holder from the instrument panel.
4. Open the cup holder and turn it upside down. Locate the return spring on the bottom of the cup holder. Inspect the spring and note it's position. The open end of the spring contains hooks which engage in holes cup holder body. The closed or "U" shaped end fits under tabs which retains it to the body of the cup holder.
5. Pull the closed end of the spring away from the retainer tabs and rotate it out of the housing. Grasp the spring at the open end and squeeze the ends together to disengage the hooks from the holes in the body of the cup holder. Remove the spring.
6. Position the new spring, p/n 05080680AB, into the cup holder. Insert the spring hooks into the holes in the cup holder body. (Fig. 1) Make sure that the closed end of the spring is engaged under the plastic tabs as the original was installed (Fig. 2).
Figure 1 Cup Holder Spring
1 - Spring
Figure 2 Spring Retainer Tabs
1 - Spring Retainer Tabs
7. Install the cup holder into the instrument panel.
8. Install the air bag control module trim cover.
9. Install the center bezel.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: 23-14-35-97 Replace Cup Holder Spring .................... 0.3 Hrs.
Failure Code: P8 - New Part
Thanks to David Lovell for supplying this TSB information
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004