|DodgeRam.info > TSB's > Recalls > Recall 638|
|Recall Notification #638|
Secondary Hood Latch Bracket
|Visit Geno's Garage
for Truck accessories.
Date: July, 1995
To: All Dodge Truck Dealers
Subject., Safety Recall #638 - Secondary Hood Latch Bracket
Models: 1994 and 1995 Model Year Dodge Ram (BR) Trucks Built From:
The secondary hood latch rod may bind on the guide bracket and prevent secondary latch engagement. If this occurs when the primary (main) latch is not engaged. the hood may fly open when the vehicle is being driven. To correct this condition, the secondary hood latch bracket must be replaced.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling All involved vehicle owners known to Chrysler are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for the service with their dealers at the earliest possible date.
Each parts package contains the following components:
1 Secondary Hood Latch Bracket Assembly
1 Instruction Sheet
1. Open hood, then unclip and remove the secondary latch rod and release handle assembly (Figure 1).
2. Remove two (2) screws holding the bracket assembly to grille support, then discard the bracket and screws (Figure 1).
3. Inspect the gdfle-to-support brace fit to ensure that the grille does not protrude beyond the inboard surface of the support brace. If necessary, loosen the grille adjustment screw and move the grille out until it is flush with the inboard surface of the grille support brace (Figure 2).
4. Tighten grille adjustment screw.
5. Install the provided bracket using two of the new screws.
6. Using the new bracket as a template, center punch the location for the third hole on the grille support brace (Figure 3).
7. Drill a 3/32" (3.7 mm) hole in the grille support brace (Figure 4).
CAUTION.- Drill hole in rear side of grille support brace only. Do not drill through the front side of grille support brace.
8. Install the remaining screw into the drilled hole and torque all three screws to 40 in-lbs (4.5 N.m) (Figure 5).
9. Reinstall secondary latch rod a nd release handle assembly. Make sure plastic clip at secondary latch is fully seated onto rod.
10. Cycle the secondary latch several times to ensure that it operates freely.
11. Close the hood and unlatch the primary hood latch. Without touching the secondary latch, pull up on the hood vigorously several times to ensure that the secondary latch engages property.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles which have been serviced must be submitted an the DIAL System. Claims submitted will be used by Chrysler to record recall service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use the following labor operation number and time allowance:
Operation Number Time Allowance
Replace secondary hood latch bracket 23638182 0.2 hours
Add the cost of the recall parts package plus applicable dealer allowance to your claim.
Note- See Warranty Policy and Procedure Manual, Chapter 6, Subsection H for complete recall claim processing instructions.
Parts Return Not required.
Vehicle Not Available:
If a vehicle is not available for service for a known reason, let us know by filling out the pre-addressed Vehicle Disposition Form portion of the Owner Notification Form or describe the reason on a postcard and mail to:
Chrysler Corporation 429-10-04
P.O. Box 1919
Detroit, Michigan 48231-1919
Following the above procedures will expedite the processing of your claim. If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Zone Service Office.
What Chrysler and your dealer will do ..
Chrysler will repair your Ram truck free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will replace the secondary hood latch bracket. The work will take about one half hour to complete. However, additional time may be necessary depending on how dealer appointments are scheduled and processed.
If vou need help
If you have trouble getting your vehicle repaired, please call the Chrysler Customer Center, toll free, at 1-800-353-1403. A representative will assist you in getting your vehicle repaired. If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 400 Seventh Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20590, or call the Toll Free Auto Safety Hotline at 1-800-424-9393. (Washington, D.C. area residents may call 366-0123.)
Thanks to Bob Bergevin and Barry Drodge for supplying this Recall information.
This page was edited on: May 3, 2004